Wage Subsidy Program 2.0 (PSU 2.0) is financial assistance program to help employers to pay employees salary who are earning RM 4,000 or less. Applications for PSU began back on April 1, 2020 and ended on September 30, 2020. However, it was extended for additional 3 months and later another 3 months as announced by the Prime Minister.
For businesses that have yet to apply for PSU can apply through PSU 2.0. This Wage Subsidy Program 2.0 aims to support affected businesses by the economic impact of the Covid-19 crisis as well as prevent workers from losing their jobs and source of income.
PSU 2.0 applications will be open to employers on 1 October 2020 and all PSU 2.0 applications must be submitted by 31 December 2020. Here are some common questions asked regarding Wage Subsidy Program 2.0 (PSU 2.0):
1. Important features of Wage Subsidy Program 2.0 (PSU 2.0):
2. What are the documents required when applying for PSU 2.0?
- Names of eligible employees (based on the size of the company);
- The employer’s bank account information (copy of first page of the bank statement);
- The Business Registration Number (BRN) used to open the company bank account (please refer to the bank to avoid confusion);
- A copy of SSM / ROS / ROB / relevant local authority registration certificate; and
- The PSU2.0 Declaration Form
3. Do employers currently receiving PSU subsidies need to reapply for PSU 2.0?
According to the Perkeso, employers currently receiving PSU subsidies must apply for PSU 2.0 through prihatin.perkeso.gov.my from 1st October 2020 onwards.
4. Who is Ineligible for PSU 2.0?
- Employers and employees who have not registered with or contributed to SOCSO before 1 September 2020;
- Employers who registered with the SSM / ROS / ROB/ relevant local authority and began operating on or after 1 September 2020;
- Employers who are not registered with the Inland Revenue Board (IRB);
- Employees who earn more than RM4,000 a month;
- Retrenched employees;
- Employees hired under the Penjana Kerjaya Hiring Incentive Program;
- Civil servants, employees of statutory bodies at both state and federal levels, employees of local authorities, and the self-employed (including freelancers);
- Foreign workers and expatriates; and
- Employers who withdrew their successful PSU 2.0 applications after approval from PERKESO
5. Can the employer apply PSU 2.0 if the application for the previous PSU has been approved on June 2020?
Yes, you can. As long as the employer fulfil all the requirement and condition. Employer will obtain the new PSU 2.0 for three months once subsidy in previous PSU has been released.
6. My PSU application was previously rejected. Can I apply for the PSU 2.0?
Yes, employers who fulfill all conditions by 31 December 2020 can apply for PSU 2.0 on prihatin.perkeso.gov.my.
7. How’s the employer want to prove the 30% reduction or more in the revenue or income?
The employer needs to fill up into prihatin.perkeso.gov.my to state the 30% reduction or more in the revenue or income for the same month in 2020 and 2019.
8. If there is a staff who is under PSU and PSU 2.0 resign voluntary, does the employer needs to submit the new application?
The employer does not need to submit new application, but he/she need to update the application.
9. How to check the result of PSU 2.0 application?
The result can check through prihatin.perkeso.gov.my with the reference number given upon submission of the application.